Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DV short film

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AndySutton's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Greetings!

    I have recently completed a 90 second short film that was shot on DV (Sony TRV900) and edited on an iMac using Final Cut Pro.

    The film is packed with effects and is about a man seeing his life flash before his eyes as a bullet hurtles toward him. All the CGI was created in InfiniD and compositing was done in after effects and spot effects created in PhotoShop.

    You can download the film on the website at www.mashmedia.ltd.uk/357 and any input about the film is welcomed.

    Cheers,

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Matt Fielding's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 1999
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have this one good idea that springs to mind immediately. Suppose the ?shot? man is never even seen on camera. The initial part of the film could all be POV with disorientated angles and camera movement as he is being pursued through the wood. As the bullet flies through the air we see the memories / flash backs etc and then back to POV when the bullet hits him. (Camera tilts up and bleached effects etc). I also think there should be more still shots of past events to justify it being his life flashing before his eyes. A couple of other points. Maybe the sound gets gradually louder as the bullet reaches its target. Maybe the guy is being shot for his inhuman past. ~Then you could show horrific scenes in the flashbacks. Like murder and rape. A crescendo of screams could add to the final impact of the piece. Two more things?(sorry about all this waffling, I haven?t looked at this board for months!)?err..yeah, I don?t think the texture on the bullet works and slow mo of the guy getting the gun out really spoils the pace.

    I liked the short. It?s well made and a great idea. Good luck with the competitions J


    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •